President McRobbie accounces the first Grand Challenges Initiatives to be undertaken by Indiana University, with implementation to begin in the fall of 2016.
The finalsts are:
• "Health Equity in Indiana and Beyond" David Burr, Distinguished Professor and associate vice chancellor for research at IUPUI, and Michael Reece, professor and associate dean at the IU School of Public Health-Bloomington.
• "Preparing for Change: Sustaining Nature’s Assets, Public Health and Human Well-Being" Ellen Ketterson, Distinguished Professor in the IU Bloomington College of Arts and Sciences’ Department of Biology.
• "Shaping Our Future: Knowledge, Science and Governance for Sustainable Water Resources" Todd Royer, associate professor in the IU School of Public and Environmental Affairs in Bloomington.
• "Transforming Environmental Protection and Health for Indiana and Beyond" Joseph Shaw, associate professor in the IU School of Public and Environmental Affairs in Bloomington.
• "Precision Health Initiative" Anantha Shekhar, associate vice president for clinical affairs at IU and executive associate dean for research at the IU School of Medicine on the IUPUI campus.